Shopify Expert and UX Designer
Teifi Digital is looking for a full-time (40 hours/week) Front End Shopify Expert and UX Designer.
As our Shopify Expert and UX Designer, your top priority is to plan, design, and develop websites based on client requirements and industry best practices. This role focuses on eCommerce driven creative design, user experience and Shopify theme configuration. You will be responsible for proactively working with the project team on a wide range of scenarios including configuring Shopify themes, analyzing client requirements, training customers and of course designing beautiful websites that meet our clients business needs.
The culture at Teifi Digital is about working hard together as a team to deliver tangible results and grow our client’s businesses and eCommerce presence. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who are excited to transform business, impact customers, and grow together. We care about our people, our clients, and our community.
Teifi Digital is a collection of entrepreneurs committed to transforming our clients into cheerleaders, delivering excellent work, and being efficient in everything we do. We break things, fail fast, and love to innovate.
Teifers (what our employees call themselves) care deeply about their teams and the people who make them up. We also care about building a more representative and inclusive workplace, and that begins with hiring.
What does it take to succeed at Teifi? – You’ve got to be smart without having an ego. We push each other in constructive ways so that only the best ideas prevail and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We get it done, and do things right.
Teifers come from a variety of disciplines, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
- Formal web development related education and/or related work experience
- Solid understanding of modern front-end development techniques and solutions
- Able to beautifully lay out enterprise-level stores with upwards of 10,000 SKUs
- Deep understanding of how front and back-end ecosystems work together, and designing with that in mind
- Proficiency in the Shopify ecosystem (theming, CMS customization, etc.)
- Experienced with component-based or “atomic design” principles
- Experienced with MVC, including templating languages (Liquid, Twig, or similar)
- Experienced with agile working sprints and daily project stand-ups
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to strategize rapidly and are comfortable presenting your knowledge and ideas to others
- Confident negotiating compromises between requirements, budget, user experience, and best practices
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently in a startup based environment
- HTML and CSS
- Analytical thinking
- Graphic Design
- Customer Service or Client Facing Experience
- Metafield & Custom Fields Proficiency
- Figma (or similar mockup software)
- Illustrator, Photoshop (Adobe Suite software)
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and create user interface layouts and web pages aimed at maximizing the user experience. Apply UX best practices to wireframes and mockups.
- Collaborate with a small team of developers and project managers to deliver key front-end features
- Present web design plans and UI layout ideas to clients.
- Configuration of custom-built Shopify themes
- Exploratory, Functionality and Usability QA testing
About Teifi Digital
Teifi Digital is a solutions company and digital agency that specializes in optimizing operational processes, enhancing marketing strategies, and building or improving eCommerce platforms through data-driven tools and technology for small and medium-sized companies. This data-driven solution is collected through in-house research or business-generated information to help alleviate the business’s problems quickly based on our industry experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If you’re interested, so are we! Send your resume to [email protected], and we’ll contact you for a phone interview.